A sample hosted journey.
With hosts Cesar Escuin & Cheryl Sturm, experience the fascinating city of Barcelona through the eyes of one of their top guides. There’s no better way to discover Spain’s second-largest city than through her art and wine. View Gaudí’s masterpieces at Casa Mila, Sagrada Familia, Casa Batlló, and Güell Park. See more world-class art and architecture at the Picasso Museum, Miro Foundation, Mies van der Rohe’s Barcelona Pavilion, and Dalí Museum. Hungry yet? Explore La Boqueria with a private chef followed by a cooking class—tasting amazing cuisine that is both traditional and innovative. Sip as a local might during an incredible wine experience in a private cellar & vineyard tour outside of Montserrat.
Day 1: United States – Barcelona
- Depart the U.S. on your flight to Barcelona, Spain.
Day 2: Barcelona
- Arrive in Barcelona and transfer to your luxury hotel accommodations, Mandarin Oriental Barcelona
- Enjoy an optional late afternoon tour of Casa Milà, one of Antoni Gaudí’s architectural works
- Feast on a chic but relaxed welcome dinner at El Passadis d’en Pep
- Return to your hotel
Day 3: Barcelona
- Depart the hotel via coach for a chef tour of La Boqueria market followed by a Cook & Taste and paella cooking contest
- After lunch, depart on foot to visit the Cathedral of Barcelona and the Picasso Museum.
- In the afternoon, head back to the hotel to enjoy an evening at leisure before another blissful overnight at Mandarin Oriental Barcelona
Day 4: Barcelona
- Take a day trip to Figueres in Catalonia, where famed artist Salvador Dalí used to live
- Vist the Dalí Theatre-Museum and Dalí Jewels Collection
- Enjoy lunch at a local gourmet restaurant
- Enjoy your evening and dinner exploring Barcelona at leisure
Day 5: Barcelona
- Depart via coach where your panoramic drive passes Mirador de Colom (The Columbus Monument) and the Olympic Stadium, built in 1927
- Arrive at the Joan Miró Foundation to experience the art of Joan Miró and other twentieth and twenty-first century artists
- Visit the Barcelona Pavilion, an architectural work designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
- Enjoy your lunch and afternoon at leisure
- Join us for an optional visit to Casa Batlló by Antoni Gaudí, just across the street from the hotel
- Take a very short walk from the hotel to meet for dinner
- Return to the hotel and enjoy the rest of your evening at leisure
Day 6: Barcelona, Montserrat
- Depart via coach for a spiritual visit to Santa Maria de Montserrat, an abbey famed for enshrining the images of the Virgin of Montserrat
- Head to Pere Ventura winery for a special lunch and cellar tour before visiting the family’s old historic home and vineyards
- Head back to the hotel for an evening at leisure
Day 7: Barcelona
- Visit Antoni Gaudí’s Basílica de la Sagrada Família for an architect explanation and tour
- Visit Güell Park, one of the most impressive public parks in the world
- Enjoy lunch and your afternoon at leisure
- Join us for a farewell dinner
- Head back to the hotel and enjoy your final evening at leisure
Day 8: Barcelona – United States
- Depart on own for your flights home
If you are interested in experiencing this popular Spain destination through the R. Crusoe & Son lens, please fill out the form below or call us at (800) 585-8555.